Saturday, December 31, 2005

Shredded Meat, Two Ways with Beer

Got this from a friend on the west coast. Beer lovers, the lot of them.

1 Tri Tip with the fat trimmed off. I pour half a bottle of any kind of beer over it. If I don't have beer I use some left over red wine. I cook it for about 6 hours on high. Drain off the juice and save it. Shread the meat with a fork and I'll pour a favorite bbq sauce over some of the meat and for those that don't like bbq sauce I use some of the reserved juice on the meat.

The other recipie I use is:

A package of boneless skinless chicken breast. I season them with some taco seasoning. Add a little beer or wine. When it's done I shread the chicken and add salsa to it and serve with warm tortillas.

Definitely going to try both of these recipes. That trip tip sounds especially yummy.

[ , , , , ]