Monday, December 26, 2005

Raison D'Etre

Why a recipe blog? Why a crock pot recipe blog? Am I stuck living in the 60s? Would Martha Stewart be caught dead cooking with one of these? Who knows. But I do know that I love food and I like cooking. I also like soups, stews, meat and potato dishs, and ethnic explorations and crock pots, electric skillets, and chafing dishes are perfect kitchen appliances for preparing such.

It turns out that long-term low-heat cooking really brings out the flavor in dishes. It also turns out that you can save a lot of money by using crock pots for cooking. The leftovers are easy to store and reheat. Appetizers, entrees, even desserts are within the pervue of this marvelous genre of appliances.

That said, I don't plan to stick to recipes just for crock pots, electric skillets, or chafing dishes. I'll branch out every now and then. We'll look at other kitchen appliances, fun recipes, good food, and good eats. While this blog is mainly a repository for recipes I've either tried or would like to try, I want to hear your favorite recipes as well. It will no doubt be an adventure for the ages.

So, let's get cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home